Pools are a great way to cool off and relax. Pools can also be a danger with severe consequences; drowning is one of the leading causes of death in children. These deaths are usually a result of negligence on the part of the pool owner. Our injury attorneys at Houston Injury Lawyers want to make sure you have the information you need to stay safe and how to recover from a drowning accident.
Summertime Pool Injuries
Pool owners must follow all the rules and regulations under Texas Law. However, pool owners may only sometimes be the ones who are liable for drowning accidents.
It is important to remember not all drowning cases result in death. Non-fatal drownings can lead to severe long-term consequences such as brain damage and lung damage. Fatal and non-fatal drownings are both eligible for recovery in monetary damages.
How to Prevent Drownings Injury Lawyers in Houston
The National Security Council and Texas Public Health and Safety have guidance for pool owners, parents, and individuals on precautions to help avoid future drownings.
– Never leave your child unattended in or around a pool area
– Do not consume alcohol and swim
– Swim in an area supervised by trained lifeguards
– Take swim lessons
– Hire Lifeguards or someone with CPR and rescue training
– Have the proper fencing, gating, lighting, and other safety regulations required by Texas Law
– Have lifejackets available for non-swimmers
– Keep pool equipment up to date and clean at all times
– Perform regular maintenance
The statute of limitations for Texas drowning cases is two years. That means we must act fast to get you the recovery you deserve. Call Houston Injury Lawyers today at (713) 366-HURT. Call us today for a free consultation.