Fierce and Compassionate Representation
Loren D. Jackson is a founding Principal of Houston Injury Lawyers, PLLC, bringing his vast experience garnered over the course of his 18-year legal career to the firm. He is passionate about helping people. At every stage of his legal career, Loren’s focus has been on ensuring people are treated fairly and with compassion. He not only has a solid understanding of the strategies necessary to successfully prosecute high profile and catastrophic injury cases, but also a deep sense of commitment and empathy towards his clients. Loren applies a rare combination of tenacity and personal attention to the firm’s clients, succeeding not only in the courtroom and negotiations arena, but in fostering a caring outlet to the most seriously injured.
Knowledgeable, Experienced, Committed
Loren has represented clients on a vast array of matters on both the plaintiff and defense side. His clients have ranged from individuals to Fortune 500 companies. He has a wealth of litigation experience from both sides of the docket. Loren has also been a licensed Public Insurance Adjuster in Texas and Puerto Rico. He draws on that experience and expertise to help tip the balance of justice in his personal injury clients’ favor.
In 2008, Loren was elected as the District Clerk of Harris County, Texas. He received numerous awards and accolades for the innovative technological changes that he implemented during his time in office. The Harris County District Clerk website of today and the ability to view the information and documents for all cases filed in the District Courts and County Criminal Courts at Law in Harris County was launched by Loren in 2009. This innovation led Loren to being named “Impact Player of the Year” for the State of Texas in 2009 by Texas Lawyer Magazine.
Loren has served in various capacities throughout his legal career including Chief Administrative Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer, and litigation manager of several highly respected litigation practices. These unique and diverse experiences provide him with a different lens to understanding how insurance companies and corporations operate.
Dedicated to Family and Community
Loren loves baseball and his favorite player is his son. He is also a fan of the arts. His daughter is his favorite actress and singer.
Loren has been an youth and high school swimming coach, as well as a youth recreational baseball coach.
- Texas A&M University, B.A. English (2000)
- South Texas College of Law, Juris Doctorate (2003)
- State Bar of Texas (2003)
- US District Court for the Southern, Eastern, and Northern Districts of Texas
- Former Texas Public Insurance Adjuster
- Former Puerto Rico Public Insurance Adjuster
- IICRC Water Remediation Technician License
- IAUA Certified Property Appraiser and Umpire
- Texas Lawyer Impact Player of the Year, 2009
- Five Outstanding Young Houstonians Award. Houston Jaycees, 2009
- Torch of Liberty Award Recipient – Harris County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, 2010
- Houston Outstanding Young Lawyer Nominee, 2010
- Houston’s Best Lawyers – 2015
- Board of Directors – Houston Downtown YMCA 2009-10
- Board of Advisors – Umpire Selection Services, LLC (2016-2018)
- Honorable Discharge, United States Army
- 24th Annual Law & the Media Seminar, sponsored by the Houston Bar Association, the Society for Professional Journalists, and the Press Club, 2010
- The Importance of Jury Service, sponsored by the Houston Bar Association, 2009-10
- Annual Harris County Black History Month Historical Case Presentation, sponsored by the Houston Bar Association and Judge Mark Davidson, 2009-10
- Genealogy Help in Harris County. Texas Bar Journal, Vol. 73, Issue 2, p. 156
- E-Filing in Texas Courts Innovation in Harris County, Texas Bar Journal, Vol. 72, Issue 11, pp. 920-921
- Free Wi-Fi Could Boost Jury Duty Attendance, Cut Costs in Harris County, Government Technology, July 2009